Monday, May 4, 2009

Long time, no write. I just didn't want to. Sorry, hope that you'll forgive. Let's see... Parker had a major wipe out on his bike at the track. I was not present, and for that I'm thankful. But, I did have to have a talk with Matt about his tendency to leave out details when he texts. I got the following message, "Parker crashed." Normally, this wouldn't cause concern, but, if it was enough to make him text, he could have included..."don't worry he's fine", or "he's ok". Something. Nope, nothing else, in fact, I didn't even get a response to my, "is he ok?" and, you guessed it, no answer on the phone. Did not take long for the panic to set in. I think I went from "my day is fine" to absolute terror in less than a breath. And, believe me, he got an earful when I finally got him on the phone. Parker was fine, a little pale, a little shaky-- he voluntarily laid down in the truck to rest. He had bruises and scratches on every limb, but, I'll say this, all that protective gear we purchased? Damn fine job, no broken bones, and Parker walked away just fine. Well worth the investment.

All boys passed all classes. This is a major accomplishment I feel. Parker and Riley were on the A B honor roll, and Gabe just missed it.

I love how relaxed Matt is. He told me the other day that he looked at his calender and it's pretty clear, so he wanted to take a weekend trip. I reminded him that I only fill him in on a week by week basis, pulled up my version of the May calendar, and pointed out that almost everyday was booked, and there was a list of things I had yet to put on there I. E. graduation parties, dinners, and school events. Oh, and Matt there are the projects coming up, history night and 3 costumes to procure. The stupid dogs better not run away... I don't have time to chase after them. And my favorite past time of sleeping 'til noon? Gonna have to wait until June. Oops, forgot, June is packed. July? Filled. August? Filled, time for school. September? Ok, well sleep was overrated. Anyone else feel like life has hit warp speed?

In a test of insanity I am trying to get passports for the entire family and file for disability at the same time. There's only so much bureaucratic BS I'm willing to put up with and apparently, I'm going to use all of my patience completing these 2 tasks. We all know that I'm a patient and shy person. My issues with the DMV, I refuse to deal with and have delegated that task to Matt. In case you don't know what issues I have with the DMV, well, I don't know. My wallet was stolen with my license, and they won't send me another one. I refuse to have my picture taken for the license bald. Last I heard, Matt was pleading my case in Austin and the main DMV gods. I love him!!!! I would have just said F@!$^ IT! and gone on, kinda like I have been doing.

And last, but not least, please, pray for Riley. I don't know what has gotten in to him, but if his behavior doesn't improve, I'm probably going to beat him to death before he hits 9. (not really, but let's just say, right now, out of 3 sons and 2 dogs, he's at the very bottom of my favorites list. I may even like pickled beets better than him right now.)

1 comment:

  1. Reading your posts always make me smile! Pickled beets! Ha ha ha! :) Jake said something about you all going on a trip...thus the passports? Hope to catch up with you at Bible study on Tues...want a ride?
    Schel

    ReplyDelete