Friday, June 5, 2009

Well, summer is finally here. I have big plans and no money, let's see how well they mix. The boys all did well in school this year. Parker ended the year on the A honor roll, I couldn't be more proud of him. And, believe me, he doesn't let us forget how proud of him we are. Riley maintained on the AB honor roll, solidly. Of course he can do better, we've told him so, and that it is expected. We all reminded him how loved he is and how very proud of him we are. Gabe, my real success story. He passed every class for every quarter! He just missed the AB honor roll, and by just a little bit. So close. I have very high hopes for him next year. Each boy worked so hard this year! They will each get some sort of treat. I know that Gabe wants a trip to Tokyo One, a sushi restaurant. I'm pretty sure Park and Rye will like Lego sets. The last week of school was a flurry of activity. We (the MPC) hosted the closing program, seperate end of year parties for the grammar school and the upper school. We all had a good time at the pool party. I stood in the shallow end of the pool, like a fool, and blew bubbles at the kids. They seemed to like it. I spent the rest of the day, and part of the night. Setting up for Graduation the next morning. For that I had such wonderful help, Amy, Carol, Pam. I think we made a good team. The fellowship hall looked great and the food was wonderful. I skipped out of the reception early, to go visit family from out town. I took the boys and the dogs to the ranch, in a very small car I might add. (i miss my van so much) So we visited with my dad, Uncle Bobby, Aunt Jean, Aunt Sara, Aunt Doris, and Aunt Eva. This is where life gets a little redneck. Apparently, for dinner, was the piglet that my cousin shot. They buried it in the back yard under coals and it cooked that way. The boys don't understand why we don't bury our food in the back yard and let it cook that way. Squealing animals, blood, and close neighbors don't seem to deter them. We then rushed home in order to attend birthday parties of good friends. Layla turned 1!!!! and she was so pretty. I slapped Gabe in the back of the head and blamed him that I never got to play dress up with a baby girl. She's has this dark caramel skin and glowing amber eyes, with eyelashes only seen on commercials. She was wearing a perfect pink polka dot dress with lace and tulle. I was so jealous! We had great food, and more bubbles. Then we went to Elizabeth's party. Imagine 20 7-8 year old kids, swimming, eating twizzlers, and air heads candy by the handfuls, pizza, capri sun and CAKE. It was crazy! The kids loved it! Riley came running up to me (it's 8pm) hands full of candy, candy in his mouth and frosting on his face and asks... Is there another Party we can go to? And, THAT's how their summer started.

No comments:

Post a Comment