Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I was thinking today about taking the boys to the ranch. I was thinking about why I like it there so much... peaceful, quiet. I love seeing how many different colors there are, and if you stop, the smell of wild flowers and grass. There's one grass on our land, smells like wild mint. I love it, apparently, the dog does also. She kept rolling in it and actually smelled like it. she rode home next to me the entire time. I am also partial to watching the dogs run wild out there. Ask anyone, I love my dogs, spoil them. Have you ever watched a dog let loose? I mean really run, full out max? It's different than their run in a yard. no matter how big the yard is, it's a yard. When I watch Tahoe and Bandit run at the ranch... WOW! They are amazing to watch. their stride changes, you can watch them lengthen it out as the realize, no fence. Their backs are straight and they are all fluid grace. Beautiful to see. And, believe me, they know it. they know it when they run and have reached max and can keep going and they know it when I'm watching. They run together, like a team, completely in tandem. I've seen them catch rabbits, just run. They can even run, and turn on a dime and stop dead still, all together. And, the boys. complete change. they know that all of that outside if theirs to run wild on. I've been trying to teach them how to identify trees, and plants. I introduced them to whistling on Johnson grass. They were amazed. I also, may have taught them about indian grass. How to identfy it, pull it, and aim with it. we all had a great time, without any toys. and the dogs swam in tanks and chased turtles. I miss the ranch. I have thought about moving up there, but my health what it is, it's just a refuge.

3 comments:

  1. Why does your health prevent you from moving? Live, Lorri. Live fearlessly, live joyfully. None of us are guaranteed another breath. To read your words about the ranch, to know how much you love it there, take that happiness-- any happiness-- with both hands, hold tight, and never let go. How does the song go? Live like you were dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I miss you. Pray for me, Lorri.

    ReplyDelete